Friday, May 27, 2011

Off to a Running Start

     Today was a busy day at the rescue house.  First, I spoke with the vets office and found out that I can get Gigi's treatment started on Tuesday...as in the day after Memorial Day.  That was huge!  But they said if I go through the lab rescue club for the treatment I may have to wait until July.  This is because they have a limited number of appointments available to rescue groups at the extremely discounted rate.  That was not so huge.
     However, the vet would extend a special rate to us for rescuing Gigi....just not quite as special as the rescue club receives from them.  I can understand, I am bringing 1 dog they bring dogs over and over again.  So, in an effort to provide the fastest, best care for Gigi (not wait until July) I opted to go it alone.  The rate the vet quoted was only $86 higher than with the rescue club and we are getting in on Tuesday.  Which means I need to raise $486 for Heartworm treatments for Gigi.  It breaks down like this:

$375 Heartworm Treatment for dog 86-110 pounds, includes overnight stay at the vets office and injections
  $30 Medications for home treatment Doxycycline and Prednisone
  $36 6 month supply of heartworm preventative Iverheart Brown (required by vet)
  $45 Pre-surgical blood work
$486 Total bill to restore Gigi to a healthy dog

    I guess you could say we are running a race this weekend to raise the funds for Gigi.  Jason was able to set up a system to collect donations right from this blog.  Just click on the Donate button to use Paypal to send a donation or click on the Support button to send a donation via Google.  The buttons are located on the right column of the blog above Gigi's pictures.
     Another way to help is to pass along this information and the blog link to any of your fur loving friends.  I would really appreciate it and Gigi would too.  Thanks for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment